NOTE: ThundOrigin is compatible with the latest USB 4.0 interface.
ThundOrigin is a big step for the USB external hard drive.
Before Thunderbolt 3, the fastest speed for USB external hard drive is 10Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen2). Now, with Thunderbolt 3, ThundOrigin provides Max. 40Gbps speed for an external hard drive. You can run an operating system on an external hard drive; the speed is the same or even faster than the internal hard drive.
NVMe SSD generates massive heat when working, so we enhanced the cooling system on ThundOrigin:
- SSD heat sink and thermal pad rapidly radiate heat from internal SSD to external Aluminum enclosure
- A separate heat sink for the Thunderbolt 3 main chip
- Aluminum case with heat exchange fins, practically enlarge the heat dissipation area
Just because the high-efficiency of heat transfer, after heavy load using, the Aluminum case may become hot, this is correctly helping internal SSD cooling down.
Besides, we included a silicon rubber bumper for shock-absorbing and heat insulation.
- Intel JHL6340 Thunderbolt 3(USB-C) to NVMe M.2 interface bridge chip
- Work with Thunderbolt 3 port only, NOT support standard USB-C (USB protocol) port
- Support 4X PCIe3.0 lane, Max. Data transfer speed: 40Gbps.
- Actual testing speed: 2600Mb/s+ for reading, 2200MB/s for writing. Copying 42.44GB files take 19s only
- Support M-Key and B&M-Key NVMe M.2 SSD, NOT support SATA M.2 SSD
- Support SSD size: 2280(22mm*80mm)
- Support 4TB or larger NVMe M.2 SSD
- The included 20-inch Thunderbolt 3 cable supports 40Gbps speed and 100W power delivery
- Product size:115x63x22mm
- Net weight: 165g
- There is no status LED on ThundOrigin
- ThundOrigin doesn't support any MacBook Pro/Air/iMac SSD. The SSD connector of Mac SSD is not a standard M.2 interface.
- For Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD, if you want to use with Mac, a firmware upgrading is required.
All TDBT Branded products which ordered from https://tdbt.io/ will own a 24-month limited warranty unless otherwise superseded by product-specific description, listing, invoices, or receipts.
This limited warranty covers failures due to defects in materials or workmanship that occur during regular use. It does not cover failures resulting from accident, fire, flood, misuse, abuse, neglect, mishandling, misapplication, alteration, faulty installation, modification, service by anyone other than TDBT.
During the limited period, we will repair or replace defective products. Customer must pay for all return shipping costs during the limited period. The limited warranty period starts at the date of original purchase.
If you are experiencing problems using a product or need to get technical support, please allow us to resolve the issue to your satisfaction by submitting a support request through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our technical support team will respond promptly to your request within 24-48 hours.
We also provide a forum for product discussion, and you can post any ideas, feedback or suggestions here: